I mean…poor mushrooms get a bad rap. Some people like them but others get super creeped out by their texture, taste, and the fact they are fungi. Usually the mushrooms that come to mind are Portobello, Shiitake, and Button, but there are other medicinal mushrooms out there that are stocked full of nutritional benefits.
Medicinal mushrooms may not be the “sexiest” superfoods but did you know these little fungi are full of immune-boosting, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory properties? And GET THIS: About 40% of Western Medicine used today includes the use of mushrooms for medicines such as penicillin. There are 4 kinds of mushrooms that not only lead in incredible benefits but are easy to purchase and consume.
So let’s break down four of the most popular medicinal mushrooms.
Medicinal Mushrooms & The Benefits
Cordyceps – “The Energy & Exercise Booster”
- Immune booster
- Balances hormones naturally while boosting libido and reproductive functions
- Helps burn proteins and fats properly
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Improves athletic performance and physical ability by maximizing oxygen intake
- Energy booster
- Fights illnesses such as coughs, colds, flu, cancer, kidney disorders, bladder infections, asthma, liver damage, irregular heartbeat, and chronic fatigue.
- Prevents the growth of tumors
Chaga – “King of Mushrooms”
- Anti-aging skin properties
- Protects skin and hair from sun damage
- Boosts and balances immune system
- Fights major and minor infections
- Stimulates the digestive system and breaks down hard to digest foods
- Increases the nutrition absorption of foods
- Break down bad cholesterol in the bloodstream
- Reduces inflammation to help fight heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Kills cancer cells and prevents tumors from developing
Reishi – “Mushroom of Immortality”
- Fights chronic diseases
- Lowers inflammatory responses that are set off due to poor diet, stress, stimulants, and pollution
- Reduces the risk of blood clots and a natural arthritic cure
- Helps fight allergies
- Anti-cancer capabilities
- Balances hormones naturally
- Makes your skin glow and your hair stronger
- Aids in the cure of hangovers
- Increases metabolism and helps you lose weight in a healthy way
Lion’s Mane – “Mood Booster & Brain Food”
- Natural antidepressant
- Helps regulate cholesterol and decrease blood sugar
- Aids in digestion by improving stomach functions
- Improves memory, creativity, and attention
- A must for those with diabetes – it reduces glucose levels and inhibits the strong sense of thirst
- Stomach ulcer treatment
- High antioxidant content that fights aging
Consuming Medicinal Mushrooms
How do I eat these mushrooms & where do I find them?
The best way is to drink in the amazing benefits rather than eat them! One of my new favorite companies is Four Sigmatic. They put all of these powerful mushrooms in little packets all ready for you. You could drink all of these medicinal mushrooms in your coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and smoothies. Best part… the mixes are DELICIOUS! Four Sigmatic makes the process super simple to consume all the benefits. And in case you were wondering, they dual extract that mushrooms so they are in the most bioavailable and concentrated form possible!
I reached out to Four Sigmatic and they provided me with a special offer for you guys!
Use the code: KAYLEIGH for a discount on their products!
I’ve totally jumped on the mushroom bandwagon and it’s safe to say I’m OBSESSED!!! I’m still trying all the different kinds of powders they have. I would love to hear if any of you have tried medicinal mushrooms and what you think! Comment below! This is not sponsored in any way, this is just my love for a company doing great things and creating a high quality nutritious product.