I love Thai Food.
I’m also a big fan of keeping things simple, easy, and quick. As much as I love cooking, I don’t enjoy slaving away on 1 meal for hours on end.
This Salmon Pad Thai is everything. It’s quick, easy, and soooo delish. After Matt took 1 bite he said ” I want you to make this tomorrow, and every day for the next 2 weeks.”
I’ll spare you on my insane love for salmon for now…but expect a blog post on that and the million health benefits of it in the near future. This can also be made with chicken/shrimp/tofu, but we had salmon in the fridge and I was just feelin it.
Also, this literally takes 20 mins.
Salmon Pad Thai:
1 lb of salmon
6 carrots (chopped or my favorite, julienned)
1/2 onion chopped
1 bell pepper sliced
4 cloves of garlic- minced
package of veggie stir fry OR broccoli slaw
1/2 bag of sprouts
2 tbs coconut oil
cilantro (for garnish)
Sauce (So good!!)
3 tbs of fish sauce
1 tbs rice vinegar (or ACV)
2 tbs tamari
1/2 cup peanut butter **try and get one that has “peanuts” as the only ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut salmon into whatever size portions you are feeling, I did 4, enough for dinner and lunch the next day. Place salmon on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle black pepper, garlic powder, & tamari on the salmon. When oven is preheated, put the salmon in for 12-15 mins.
- Heat a wok or large pan on stove to medium/medium low with your 2 tbs coconut oil, add minced garlic, then all the veggies, and sauté together
- Mix all sauce ingredients together with a fork until smooth, and then add to the veggies
- Let your veggies & sauce sauté together until salmon is finished (about another 5 mins)
- Plate your veggies and place salmon on top!
What are your favorite thai inspired recipes?
//The Lokahi Sisters//