Boy oh boy I’ve got a great recipe for you guys today! Have you tried chia seed pudding? If you haven’t, crawl out from that rock you’ve been hiding under and try this out ASAP! I love to enjoy this for breakfast, but seriously you can have it anytime. It’s very dessert-ish, so swap out your processed sugar filled ice cream for this healthy choice!
If you follow me on Snapchat or Instastories (kay_bush) you have probably seen me make this a few times already, and now it’s time to share the recipe! But of course I must tell you the health benefits. I am all about being present when I eat, and understanding what I put into my body. Your body takes care of you! It helps you live a long & happy life, so why wouldn’t you want to feed it yummy, healthy food and feel great? Personally, I would rather feel energetic and in a super positive mood after eating rather than sluggish, gross, and food coma status. But hey, that’s just me!
Chia Seed Pudding Benefits
Chia Seeds are:
- full of antioxidants : antioxidants protect against free radical cancer-causing cells, speed up skin repair & prevent premature skin ageing
- packed with Omega-3 fatty acids: lowers the risk of heart disease, improve cholesterol, & a mood booster
- loaded with fiber: aids in weight loss & digestion, controls blood sugar, helps move yeast and fungus out of your body, aids in the reduction of acne, and lowers the risk of heart disease
- high in protein: helps manage weight, stabilizes blood sugar, improves your mood, promotes healthy brain function and learning, promotes strong bones, prevents pre-mature skin ageing
- stocked full of calcium – build and maintain strong bones, aids in positive nerve and muscle function, and reduces risk of cancer
So those little seeds you see at the store are powerful, powerful superfoods. Do not underestimate their power. In this recipe we are going to let them soak over night, that way they will swell up and become softer. The best part of them swelling up? It actually makes this meal super filling! Seriously, this little jar will fill you up and keep you energized for the day!
I made the recipe for 4 servings, because you can either keep it in the fridge to have every morning for breakfast, or share with your friends, family, bf, neighbor….you get it. Did I mention it’s super cheap to make? Just buy chia seeds in bulk at your local health food store and you will save A TON. So let’s get to it!
Chocolate-Banana Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Pudding Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of chocolate protein powder ( I use this kind!)
- 2 Tbs of cacao powder (this one is my favorite)
- 1 tbs MCT oil
- 1/4 banana
- 1-2 dates
- 1 tbs almond butter
- shaved unsweetened coconut flakes
Directions: Place all pudding ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until well combined (you can also do this with a whisk), place mixture in a jar or bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight so all the ingredients can gel together and thicken. When your pudding has fully thickened, take out of the refridgerator and top with your favorite topping! I like to layer almond butter, bananas, dates, and coconut flakes!
Enjoy your healthy breakfast!!